Monday, January 11, 2010

China: Round 2



It was amazing to be home for those two weeks and to see my friends and family. It was also great to tell some of my more .... interesting stories to people. And while I'm thinking about it...

I'd like to give a shout out to the Chinese Classes at Cumberland Valley High School and the 2nd grade class at Mt. Calvery Christian Acadamy. Hope you guys are enjoying the snow!

Now, back to the reason I started this blog...me! It's been a pretty busy week since I have gotten back. I started my new job for Vina Concha Y Toro. Here is my desk. It was really quite at the office because all of my co-workers are still on holiday back in Chile. Let me give you the spark notes synopsis of this job. The company is Called Concha Y Toro and is the 6 largest wine company in the world. It is the largest in South America by far. We are also the largest supplier of wine from South America to Asia. My official title it Commercial Executive for Asia. Now I know what you might be thinking "Commercial Executive?!?!? Sounds important!!! What the heck does a commercial executive do?!?!?" Well kids, basically, I'm a brand manager. Asia is sooo big and the channels of distribution are so segmented, that it would be nearly impossible for Concha Y Toro to distribute the wine ourselves. So we get other companies to do it for us. That's where I come in. I'm in charge of 11 countries around Asia for about 10 different brands of wine. I have to meet with current distributors from these countries, sign new distributors, create public relation events and advertising campaigns for these distributors to execute in their market, and handle all the paperwork to ensure they are supplied with the proper amount of wine from Chile at the proper times. I also gotta make sure that we get our dough!

There's a lot of work involved, but CYT pays for a lot of the expenses, I'm moving to a nicer apartment in two months, plus I get to travel a lot. So you know what that means...more fun stories for all you readers.

I'm going to Tokyo tomorrow for a couple days to meet with a client and then flying down to Hong Kong next week! I'll make sure to take lots of pictures.

Things Ezra has learned....

1. If someone tells you they're a lady boy....RUN! Don't stick around to ask them what that means. I'll let you google it for yourselves...but make sure you don't google image it...
2. Health examinations for your work visa suck! I'll tell you about that little adventure next post.
3. It doesn't snow in China, just really really cold rain. And I still get wacked in the face by a million umbrellas every time it does. Oh happy day.
4. Spanish Blackberries are confusing...
5. My TV Dating show air on Valentines day and I'm getting a copy... :-)
6. I hate the show Lost. I basically spent the entire weekend watching it and I'm confused, addicted, and depressed. It like the gateway drug of TV shows.
7. Toothpaste is racist. This used to be called "Darkie"

Talk to you soon!

Love,
Ezra

No comments:

Post a Comment