Friday, August 28, 2009

Finally here!

Ok. It's been a long couple of days, and I have a feeling the days are going to get longer once my translator crutch Edna leaves.

So..back to the beginning to fill everyone in.

I left home on Wednesday, got to the airport in Harrisburg and did all the typical airport-y things, luggage, security, play with my phone till the flight.
The flight to Chicago was only about 1 1/2 hours, even though it was only a 30 minute difference because of the time change.
When I got to O'Hare in Chicago, it was thundering and lightning, perfect flying conditions. Luckily my flight was just one gate over, so I didn't have to go far.
I thought the 15 hour flight was going to absolutely stink. Tall people and airplanes seldom go well together. However, I went up and talked to the woman at the counter and asked if there were any extra emergency row exit seats. She gave me a new ticket and when I got on the plane, I was the only one in that row! I overheard people saying they paid $95 more dollars for an extra 6 inches...I got an extra 6 feet for free.

The plane ride was actually really comfortable and kinda enjoyable, minus this 80 year-old-woman who came up to me and told me her life story for 2 hours. Apparently she worked as Ronald Reagan's secretary. That was the only interesting part of the story I assure you.

Well, I have to run, I'm going out with Edna tonight to meet some more people. You can never have too many friends here. I'll post again about the "Fun" that happened once I landed...those are sarcastic air quotes... i can't type in sarcastic font...

Love,
Ezra

No comments:

Post a Comment